Last year’s “Status Of The Social Security And Medicare Programs” report indicated that Part B premiums are expected to increase by more than 50 percent.
“Before you get too upset, know that it is projected that 70 percent of the beneficiaries will not have any increase at all,” explains EBW partner Michael Egan. who is here today to explain what this change really means.
Watch as Michael Egan explains the nitty gritty of these regulations and answers the following questions:
1. What is Medicare Part B and how is the program funded?
2. What is the hold harmless provision?
3. What groups make up the 30% of beneficiaries not covered by the hold harmless provision?
4. To B or not to B, that is the question? What does that mean for us?
5. When will the actual rate increases for 2016 be announced?
This segment originally appeared on Channel 8's Let's Talk Live program.