Michael Egan Offers Tax Tips for 2013 on WUSA Channel 9
March 31, 2014, WUSA Channel 9 — Are you ready to file your 2013 taxes? Be sure you are getting all the credits you can, says CFP® Michael Egan. Don’t miss his appearance today on the noon news, WUSA Channel 9.
In this interview Egan answered these questions:_
- What are the retirement plan contribution deadlines?
- I understand you can also deduct professional services fees. How much, and how does that work? Are there any limitations?
- Are Long-Term Care premiums tax deductible, provided that you purchased a “tax-qualified” plan?
- What about Capital Gains and 529 Plan contributions?
- How should we account for those on our tax filing?
- Also, same-sex married couples may now file a joint return. How does that work compared to previous years?
- If you have a foreign bank account, how should you handle that?