Bryan Beatty Featured on WUSA Channel 9
January 16, 2014, WUSA Channel 9 — Are you ready to get your financial house in order? Don’t miss CFP® Bryan Beattys offered tips on how to get your financial house in order on the WUSA Channel 9.
These are the 5 Things to Do to Smartly Plan Ahead for Retirement in 2014:
1. First and foremost: Stop carrying credit card balances. Make a plan to pay down debt.
2. Increase your 401k, 403B or IRA contributions.
3. Look into starting an ROTH IRA or ROTH 401k
4. Check your insurance to make sure that your coverage is appropriate. Know that inflation often leaves people with inferior coverage amount, just a few years after they first obtain the insurance — including life, disability, property and casualty.
5. Re-balance your asset allocation strategy or your investment strategy. Know that if you haven’t maintained your portfolio, it may be dramatically different and more risky than you intend or are aware.